Portobello Community Centre (AKA The Wash House)
Applies From 1ST February 2017
- Room charges/fees are reviewed annually.
- All applicants for Lets must be over 18 years old and be in attendance during the entire time of the Let.
- Applicants must complete a booking form, stating the organisation’s aims, purpose and also include any pricing policy.
- Key holder have 72hrs to return their key and remover any equipment or will be charged £10.00 per week which will be payable when they collect any equipment and will lose their deposit for the keys. The centre will only keep any equipment 4 weeks and then it will be disposed off, unless an agreement has been reach with the committee/Facilities Coordinator.
- Key holder – Have 72hrs to return their key and remover any equipment or will be charged £10.00 per week which will be payable when they collect any equipment and will lose their deposit for the keys. The centre will only keep any equipment 4 weeks and then it will be disposed off, unless an agreement has been reach with the committee/Facilities Coordinator.
Priority of Users
The following scale of use will apply in order of priority:
- Community Learning and Development/Children & Families Dept. Activities e.g. Youth Work, Adult Advertised Programme, ESOL Classes, Literacy
- Local Community Organisations
- Statutory Organisations e.g. NHS Scotland
- Local Designated Portobello Community Centre groups
- Commercial Lets
- Commercial lets must demonstrate a willingness to apply discounted rates for people in receipt of benefit
- Commercial lets must give the option of sessional payment i.e. pay weekly
- Where a charge is imposed for an activity, these charges must be displayed on any promotional material.
- No charge will be applied to Children and Families Department for use of the premises
- ALL other Council departments and statutory organisations will be charged (although exceptions may be made for local health initiatives and promotions)
Young People’s Organisations
- Council CLD initiatives for young people are free of charge
- Commercial provision for young people will pay the appropriate room hire rate
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ALL GROUPS
When letting the premises, Portobello Community Centre has no legal responsibility for vetting an organisation’s employees or volunteers. The organisation or individual is responsible for complying with the Protection of Children (Scotland) Act 2003 or the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) (Scotland) Act 2007.
1. The applicant shall be responsible for ensuring the good behaviour of persons using the Centre.
2. Any person exhibiting unreasonable behaviour will be asked to leave the centre. Future access will be reviewed by the Management Committee.
- You must inform the Management Committee if your activities are of a confidential nature, otherwise your booking information may be put into Sandy’s Centre Programme for general information.
OTHER CONDITIONS OF LET
4. A member of a LETS group (if on the committee) must attend at least 75% of committee meetings.
5. Portobello Community Centre is not responsible for any equipment brought or left by users.
6. Bicycles/scooters cannot be brought into the Centre.
7. Breakages/damages to Centre equipment or building fabric during a let must be notified to a member of Centre staff. Failure to do so may lead to your group being charged for repair or replacement of the damaged items.
8. Smoking is not permitted within the Centre. Smokers must leave the premises by going beyond the front door to either side onto the public pavement. It is the responsibility of the person hiring the premises to let persons know they have to be outside away from the front door before they can smoke.
9. It is the responsibility of any organisation/individual to leave the premises tidy. The Management Committee reserve the right to charge for any additional cleaning required. Further use of the premises will be suspended until this charge is paid and future access will be reviewed by the Management Committee.
10. Centre staff maintain overall responsibility. Attention must be paid to any guidance given by staff, particularly of a Health and Safety nature. Staff decision is final.
11. The applicant shall be responsible for providing their own door & event stewards during social functions and must inform the Facilities Coordinator of the person or company details.
12. The front door must be kept locked if there is no Hall keeper presence. (Mornings only).
13. Users of the Centre will be expected to co-operate with Centre or Council surveys of users which may occur from time to time.
14. Agreed let fees must be paid 1 month in advance or as agreed by the Management Committee. If payment is not received by that time, the Management Committee have the right to cancel your let until payment is received
15. Cancellations by organisations must be made a minimum of 72 hours in advance or charges will be levied. 48hrs under special circumstances.
16. Your group should only occupy the rooms booked during the times agreed on your let form. You must vacate the premises by the agreed time
17. The Management Committee reserve the right to offer alternative accommodation if necessary
18. The Management Committee reserve the right to terminate the let if the above conditions of let are not adhered to with immediate effect.
19. The applicant has the right to appeal. If successful, particular conditions will apply.
20. All lets are subject to cancellation or alteration.